365体育官网A new year is the time for new beginnings and new ideas! To inspire you, we’ve cherry-picked some hero features, awesome teacher tips, and other useful suggestions for you to try out this year. Share this list with your colleagues, too!
New question types and game options to boost engagement
365体育官网Looking for new ways to engage students with learning content? Get ready to change your Kahoot! game or even teach a whole lesson with our new question types!
- Being able to mix different question types has been one of the most popular feature requests – and the wish has been granted!
- Assess initial understanding or activate attention with simple true or false questions.
- Get students focused with puzzles where they need to place answer alternatives in the right order. Here’s how this question type can be used in language classes, math, and other subjects.
- Explain and give more context with slides. Time to take a deep breath, look up, and learn!
- Do a quick pulse-check with a poll.
- Test deeper understanding with an open-ended question, which requires a short text answer.
- Change up dynamics depending on your class goals using the new game options, such as double points or turning off points, extended timer (up to four minutes), and intriguing image reveal.
Further reading: Level up class engagement with our new question types and game options.
New ways to create kahoots – and save time!
We know how busy teachers are, so we’d like to help you save time creating new kahoots! Here are a few tips:
- Instead of typing questions from scratch, choose from half a billion existing ones in our question bank.
- Combine your existing kahoots.
- Import quiz questions from a spreadsheet.
- Get inspired with a template and customize it to your needs.
- Duplicate and edit existing kahoots, including premium games that come with a Kahoot! Premium subscription.
Further reading: Save time and create kahoots faster than ever with these 6 tips
Creative ideas from teachers of awesome
365体育官网Teacher stories are the best source of inspiration and creative ideas. Here are a few stories we’d recommend you to read:
- Our ambassador Steve Auslander shares his best practices on using slides in kahoots (teaser: his students love slides! Read their feedback in the post).
- Relevant any time of the year, Carol Salva’s tips will help you connect students from different cultural backgrounds.
- Have you ever tried playing Kahoot! with classrooms in other cities or even countries? Learn from the experts – read about last year’s global Kahoot! Cup!
- Teachers at Bishop O’Dowd High School have integrated Kahoot! into all subjects and effortlessly share games school-wide thanks to Pro collaboration features.
- How do you design a good quiz that will help learners retain as much knowledge as possible? Learning expert Olaw Schewe put together some research-based tips.
Become a certified teacher of awesome this year
Thousands of educators have already taken Kahoot! Certified for schools365体育官网, our free PD program, – don’t miss out! You can maximize learning with Kahoot!, score awesome diplomas and digital badges, and you could be eligible to claim professional learning credits. Begin your journey now with the essential courses and further your learning with our advanced certification that we released for back-to-school 2019.
Stay tuned for more awesomeness in 2020!