On a slide, I will provide an image that instructs my students to turn to a certain page in their textbook. There is no timer on a slide, so when my students are done reading, we continue the kahoot and students answer several questions about the reading. It’s not just an assessment 365体育官网as we discuss each question and how it relates to reading.
What students say about slides
This style of teaching keeps students engaged and shakes up the usual reading assignments365体育官网. My students enjoy this activity so much that they wanted to share their reflections on it!
- Morgan: “You don’t have to be under pressure. You have time to read the pages you are assigned!”
- Avery: “Slides are super fun because you get to learn and read and put it all together with Kahoot!.
- Marcos: “What I like about Kahoot! slides is that when we are reading a page, there is no time limit so there is no pressure.”
- Ethan: “I really like Kahoot! slides because when you are playing in social studies, it’s usually boring just writing notes, but Mr. Auslander found a way to make it really fun!”
- Gino: “The slides stop so you can read the page.”
- Elijah: “Mr. Auslander makes it super fun and you’re learning while playing a competition. It’s way better than doing worksheets!”
More learning impact
Incorporating slides into my kahoots has made learning even more awesome for my students. Kahoot! is much more than a fun game, and can allow teachers to capture their learners’ attention and help them digest content in an engaging way.
Like my student Grant said, “we can come to school and know that we are going to have fun when we play Kahoot!. It’s just a friendly competition and it never gets old when we play it.” Check out Kahoot! for schools and get started creating and playing today!