365体育官网You can combine different types of questions and content in one kahoot to increase engagement, stir up dynamics in the room, and improve learning outcomes:
- Multiple choice quiz question (available on all plans)
- True or false question (available on all plans)
- Slide with text, images, or video (available in Pro and Premium for business)
- Puzzle where players need to arrange answers in a specific order (available in Pro and Premium for business)
- Poll (available in Pro and Premium for business)
- Word cloud, the latest addition to Premium for business.
In this post, we’ll focus on the last two question types, how they work, and in which situations they’ll be particularly helpful.
Poll: collect instant feedback and do a quick pulse check
With a poll, you give participants 2-4 answer alternatives to choose from. It’s a quick and easy way to collect feedback at any point in your kahoot, for example:
- Do a pulse check in the beginning of your session and make sure your audience is paying attention;
- Assess understanding of content at any point in your kahoot;
- Switch up game dynamics when competition gets too heated, as there’s no right or wrong answer in a poll;
- Collect feedback after your session, and get takeaways for planning your next one.
Word cloud: give every participant a voice
Word cloud is a new question type available with a Premium subscription. Give every participant a voice and see their input visualized as a word cloud which is easy for everyone to understand. Participants can enter short answers up to 20 characters, and the most popular ones will be displayed in larger font. With this poll format, you’ll make your audience feel more involved than ever – they’re contributing to the word cloud through live interaction365体育官网. Here’s more on how it works!
365体育官网Here are some scenarios where this question type can be particularly helpful:
- Grab attention with a simple ice breaker question. For example, ask participants what they expect from today’s session;
- Initiate a discussion;
- Get to know your audience by asking them to share some info about themselves – for example, their professional background.
- Assess prior knowledge of a topic – ask a question related to the content you’re going to cover further in your kahoot;
- Brainstorm ideas together;
- Collect more in-depth feedback that will help you plan your next session;
- Have fun as a team! Word clouds work great in after work kahoots. For example, ask participants about their favorite TV shows – that’s an instant conversation starter!
In what other scenarios can you imagine using word cloud in your company? Join the discussion on !